About Us

My photo
Terri is on the left. Ellen is on the right. We love nature and zentangling!

Monday, December 6, 2021

Auraknot Tangle

 Auraknot Tangle


Tangle AuthorsRick Roberts and Maria Thomas

Materials needed for this lesson: Pencil, black marker and piece of paper (I divided a sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch piece of plain white paper into fourths by folding it in half lengthwise and then folding it in half again width-wise. I drew my tangle on one-fourth of the paper.)

Video Instruction for Auraknot. 
I can't show you the steps in drawing Auraknot in the one minute limit I'm given for this website, so I've attached a link to the video instructions for Auraknot drawn by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, the founders of Zentangle. The link is https://youtu.be/PTdKlc6gXmI . The video is a little long, but it's worth watching the entire thing because Maria and Rick show several examples of how to draw Auraknot.

Two versions of Auraknot with 8 points each. (Notice that I number the points in pencil to help me keep my place when rotating the tile.)

 Auraknot and Rick's Paradox.

Two versions of Auraknot: one with 5 points and one with 8 points.

Two versions of Auraknot with 5 points each.

The lines of your Auraknot do not have to be straight as you can see in this example.
Terri's version of Auraknot with color, shading and Mooka.








No comments:

Post a Comment